Personal chef and author Cindy Barbieri joins the Fox CT Morning Extra to talk about summer entertaining.
She shares tips and recipe ideas from drinks, to appetizers and dessert.
- 4 medium size tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large bowl chop your tomatoes.
- Next chop peppers and onion.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and taste for additional seasonings.
- Let the salsa sit, covered in the refrigerator for at least one hour so the flavors can combine. This can be made a day in advance.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 lime, zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, toss then taste for any additional seasoning.
- Cover and chill before serving.
Note: You can omit the lemon and lime juice and drizzle good quality balsamic vinegar or organic local honey.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mild green chilies
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend on high until smooth.
For more information on the chef, visit the website: www.cindystable.com.