There are plenty of events going on in Hartford this weekend, from Justin Bieber XL Center to the Riverfest fireworks, check out the upcoming events.
Thursday July 18th:
- Fireworks at the Hartford Riverfront.
- Real Art Ways will be having their monthly Creative Cocktail Hour from 6-10 p.m. at 56 Arbor St. in Hartford.
Friday July 19th:
- Olympic Gold Medalist Gabby Douglas and Mayor Segarra renames Trumbull Street to “Tumbull Street” in downtown Hartford in honor of P&G USA Gymnastics Championships coming to town August 15th to August 18th.
- Greater Hartford Festival of Jazz starts on Friday night and runs through Sunday at Bushnell Park. With special guest performance by Arturo Sandoval on Friday night.
- Free Movies After Dark will be showing Lilo and Stitch at Keeney Park. Free popcorn will be provided by Stew Leonard’s, free apple slices will be provided by CREC, and there will be Face Painting by K-La-Rue. Festivities start around 7 p.m.
July 22nd – August 4th
- The Greater Hartford Arts Council, in partnership with the Hartford Advocate, presents Taste of Hartford. Thirty-three participating restaurants across Hartford will offer special multi-course, price-fixed tasting menus featuring their signature dishes for only $20.13.
Saturday August 3rd:
- Taste of the Caribbean & Jerk Festival: This year marks the 8th annual Taste of the Caribbean and Jerk Festival at Riverfront Plaza and it will be bigger and better than ever. With a variety of musical and dance performances, authentic Caribbean fare and a very special performance by King Yellowman.