Korky Vann, the Hartford Courant’s “savvy shopper,” talks about ways you can save money on your vacation by staying close to home.
Here are some tips:
- Check out museums, parks, farms, tours and public pools. www.ctvisit.com has a list of free and low-cost family activities.
- Many movie theaters offer discounted or free films for kids on weekday mornings.
- Public libraries offer free passes to state museums, parks and attractions.
- Free parking passes to state park beaches through the state No Child Left Inside program can also be found at the library.
- Use a website like www.gasbuddy.com to find the cheapest gas to save money on transportation costs.
To find more deals visit Vann’s blog at http://courantblogs.com/savvy-shopper/