Second Home Damaged In East Haven Plane Crash To Be Torn Down Today

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EAST HAVEN – The second home on Charter Oak Avenue damaged by an Aug. 9 plane crash is scheduled to be demolished today.

East Haven mayor Joseph Maturo Jr. said demolition of the home at 64 Charter Oak Ave. will start at 8 a.m. Two girls living in the home, Sade Brantley, 13, and Madisyn Mitchell, 1, were killed when a plane bound for Tweed-New Haven Airport crashed into their home. The pilot and his teenage son were also killed in the crash.

The home will be demolished in two stages, Maturo said. The top half which was unaffected by contaminants will be taken to one location and the lower half which was contaminated by jet fuel will have to be treated at a second location.

The other home damaged in the crash, 68 Charter Oak Ave., was demolished last week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s