Food On Stove Caused East Hartford Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
EastHartfordFire

The scene of a small fire in East Hartford Wednesday morning. (ALAN CHANIEWSKI, Fox CT)

EAST HARTFORD — A 51-year-old man was displaced from his home when it was damaged by a kitchen fire Wednesday morning.

A passing motorist reported the fire shortly after 7 a.m., after seeing smoke pour out of the house at 41 Brewer St., said Assistant Fire Chief William Perez.

Firefighters arrived within three minutes and had the fire under control in seven, Perez said.

The homeowner had left the house to pick up friends and forgot he had food on the stove, he said. He will stay with a friend until he can re-occupy the house, Perez said.

Perez reminded residents that they should never leave food unattended, and that they should be sure to turn on the right burner when using the stove.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s