Guards Responsible For Castro, Ohio Department Of Rehabilitation And Correction Said

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

By Stephanie Gallman

(CNN) — The two Ohio prison guards responsible for checking on imprisoned Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro “did not timely perform” required rounds, the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction said Thursday.

The agency said they appeared to have falsified “the post log book for their rounds,”

Castro, who was held at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, was found hanged with a bed sheet last month. Prison medical staff tried to revive him.

The guards were placed on leave as investigators looked into Castro’s suicide. Any disciplinary action, which could include termination of employment, will be determined by the Ohio State Highway Patrol at the conclusion of its investigation.

Castro pleaded guilty in August to 937 counts, including the kidnapping of Michelle Knight, Georgina DeJesus and Amanda Berry. He was sentenced to life plus 1,000 years.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s