Aaron Hernandez Back In Court

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Story by Jenny Wilson, Hartford Courant; Video by John Charlton, FOX CT 

 

Former NFL star and accused killer Aaron Hernandez is scheduled to appear Friday in Fall River, Mass. Superior Court.

Charged with murder in the June 17 shooting death of Odin Lloyd, Hernandez has been held without bail since his late-June arrest at his home in North Attleboro, Mass. Prosecutors last week filed a motion to obtain recordings of Hernandez’s prison phone conversations, after officials from the Bristol County Sheriff’s Department provided them with details about the content of the calls.

A judge must grant the request in order for the prosecution to gain access to the full recordings, and arguments on the motion are expected at Friday’s hearing. Prosecutors said in their filing that Hernandez spoke in code when he discussed the Lloyd killing in jailhouse calls. They said he made incriminating statements when denying ownership of a vehicle connected to the investigation, and that he referenced “related prior offenses.”

In addition to the murder charge, Hernandez, a Bristol native, faces multiple gun charges and is being investigated as a suspect in a 2012 double homicide in Boston.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s