Heather Delphin, founder and president of SEXY Wine, was joined in the FOX CT kitchen by Antonio Moita Macanita, a Portuguese winemaker, and the two showed some unique ways to pair wine and food on Valentine’s Day.
For more information, visit www.theSEXYwine.com. See some recipes you can try below.
Tuna tataki (pair with SEXY rose wine, serves four)
- 8 ounces fresh sushi grade tuna
- 3.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- Zest of an orange or any fresh citrus
- Olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except the tuna.
- Place tuna in the marinade.
- Cut the fillet into smaller slices to make it easier to roll.
- Roll the tuna slices in plastic wrap for up to 24 hours.
- Sear/ brown the tuna in hot olive oil..
- Serve cold and season to taste with sea salt.
Beef tenderloin tataki (pair with SEXY rose wine, serves four)
- 14 ounces beef tenderloin
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2.5 ounces chopped chorizo
- 3.5 ounces São Jorge cheese (as an alternative you can use a good mature Cheddar cheese)
- Olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Put a little olive oil in a frying pan and chop the chorizo. Add and cook thoroughly, set aside.
- Season beef tenderloin with salt and black pepper.
- Lightly fry the beef on both sides.
- Put the cooked chorizo in a bowl with mayonnaise, mix well.
- Grate the São Jorge cheese.
- Cut meat into small strips.
- Place the meat in a dish with the chorizo mayonnaise and grated São Jorge cheese.
- You can also pair with a mixed salad.