Kim Snow, chef and owner of Aleia’s Gluten Free Foods in Branford, visited the FOX CT kitchen to prepare a gluten-free chicken cutlet. The recipe is below.
Panko-encrusted chicken cutlets
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 egg whipped or egg beaters
1/2 cup Aleia’s gluten free Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup Aleia’s gluten free panko
¼ cup Parmesan
2 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch of salt
- Rinse and dry chicken.
- Slice chicken across the breast (from the thick end to the tip).
- With a whisk, mix egg and a pinch salt.
- Mix Italian bread crumbs, panko and Parmesan cheese and pour onto a clean plate.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and then coat with Aleia’s bread crumb/panko mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add cutlets and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.