Ashlee Neumann, of www.ToyInfo.org, shows off some of the best toys from the International Toy Fair in NYC.
VTech Smart Shots Sports Center (Vtech)
Age: 12-36 months
- VTech develops award-winning infant and preschool learning toys, and they work with Educational Experts to ensure that they are appropriate for children as they reach age and developmental milestones
- The Smart Shots Sports Center helps children develop physical and motor skills
- The center features a soccer goal and a basketball hoop
- Kids can kick the soccer ball into the net to hear fun sounds or toss the basketball into the hoop where a magic sensor keeps score
- It also introduces shapes, numbers, opposites, and features sing-along-songs and has fun phrases and sound
Available: Fall 2014
LET’S IMAGINE ELMO (Hasbro)
Age: 2 to 4
- Bring the learning adventures from the Elmo the Musical segment on Sesame Street off the screen and into the family room with the interactive LET’S IMAGINE ELMO plush!
- This cute 13-inch Elmo pal comes with three different hats that unlock different imaginary themes and play modes.
- Place the crown on Elmo’s head to play a game of “Prince Elmo Says,” pop on the cowboy hat to learn about numbers in the “Countin’ Cowboy” game, or put on the sea captain hat for a fun “Sounds of the Sea” game.
- Kids can also tickle his belly, squeeze his nose, or bounce him for a fun reaction.
Available: Fall 2014
GeoSafari Jr My Very First Microscope (Educational Insights)
- This is a working microscope designed especially for little kids – they learn what a microscope is used for and how to use one8x magnification
- Chunky focusing knob; easy for little hands to grasp and use
- Magnify any small object – flat or dimensional – by placing it on large, fixed sample tray with ridges (stops rounded objects from rolling around)
- LED light for enhanced viewing of small details (requires 3AAA batteries – normally not included but we included them in your package Adrienne)
- Ridges on the tray keep rounded objects from rolling around
- Encourages scientific exploration
Lego Duplo Creative Picnic (LEGO)
Age: 18 months+
- The Creative Picnic is a brand new item from LEGO DUPLO, the company’s line for preschoolers, which features bigger bricks for smaller hands
- This set features over 50 fun food themed bricks and elements
- The package is great for travel and also role playing
- If you’ve seen The LEGO Movie, you’ll know there is a fun nod to LEGO DUPLO within the film’s message.
Green Toys® Animals-on-Wheels (Green Toys)
Age: 6 months +
- Open play is the name of the game with the Green Toys® Animals-on-Wheels – fun, friendly-faced push toys for babies and toddlers.
- Made in the USA from 100% recycled plastic milk jugs that save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the Elephant, Pig, and Turtle each feature an easy-to-grasp handle and free-spinning wheels that encourage both fine and gross motor skill development.
- The compact, rounded bodies are designed with no sharp edges or metal axles, making these rollers perfect for encouraging imaginative, eco-friendly play for early crawlers.
Treasure Trax (USAopoly)
Age: 3 to 5
- This all-in-one scavenger hunt game for kids 3-5 makes every day an adventure. Treasure Trax is an active, play ‘n learn game where kids search for clues to find hidden animal cards.
- In just minutes, parents can set up the cards around the house and even hide a surprise at the end of this fun fast journey.
- Treasure Trax is perfect for a daily adventure, a rainy day or anytime you want to keep your preschooler active & entertained.
Available: Later this year
Little People Bus (Mattel)
Age: 1 to 5
- It launched in 1959 under the Play Family Safety School Bus name.
- Figures were originally non-removable. It wasn’t until a few years later that they found out through research that putting the figures on/off the bus was part of the play pattern, so they liberated them.
- Then, in 1984, they changed the brands name to Little People. So it was the first ever Little People product, just not under that name.
- The Little People Lil Movers School bus is a modern take on the classic Little People Bus that was introduced decades ago.
- Today’s version plays “The Wheels on the Bus” song when the bus is moved around
- Open-top design makes play easy for little hands, and by pushing each seat kids can hear a different verse of the song
- Features a door on the side to open and close and a real-life stop sign that swings in and out
- Requires 3 AA batteries, not included
Rody Horse (TMI Toymarketing International)
- This year Rody’s turns 30!!
- Made in Italy, Gymnic’s Rody Horse is a favorite with children to learn balancing and coordination while hopping on their Rody.
- Used in therapy for special needs children due to its softness and ride-on qualities.
- Great fun exercise as well – Rody Races are very popular!!!
- Made of super strong, latex-free vinyl.