Ryan Jones, the owner and executive chef at the newly renovated The Mill at 2T, stops by to share a recipe for pork shortrib poutin. See the recipe below.
2 pounds Braised Pork Shortribs
1 Carmelized onion
6 strips thick cut bacon
6 oz grated gruyere cheese
1/2 cup chopped scallions
8 Idaho potatoes 9 ( cut and blanched for french fries)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 gallon vegetable oil for frying
1. Take the braised pork and shred similar to pulled pork.
2. Take the braising liquid the pork was cooked in and reduce to a gravy like consistency and add pork back into gravy. in a separate pot heat oil for frying to 350 degrees.
3. Take blanched french fries and fry in pot until golden brown.
4. Remove from the oil and place on towels to absorb oil and season potatoes with salt and pepper.
5. Place fries in a bowl. Top the fries with the Shortrib gravy.
6. Garnish with grated gruyere cheese and a strip of thick cut bacon and chopped green onions.