Jim Hutchison;Executive Pastry Chef Winvian Relais & Chateaux/Winner, Season 3 Chicago Restaurant Pastry Competition
Buttermilk Panna Cotta
Heavy Cream 450 g
Vanilla bean 2 Each
Sugar 150 g
Gelatin sheets 5 Each
Buttermilk 400 g
– Place the gelatin sheets in ice water and set aside until soften, about 8 minutes
– Meanwhile, warm the cream, vanilla, and sugar in on medium high heat until sugar is dissolved
– Add the softened gelatin sheets and stir until dissolved
– Add the buttermilk and stir to combine.
– Portion into containers. Place in refrigerator and allow to chill for at least 2 hours.