Person Of Interest Sought In Meriden Fire Investigation

UPDATE: Meriden police want to talk to a man seen in video around the time of the fire carrying what may be a gasoline container. Police said, “He is wearing a baseball style cap and glasses and can be seen holding an item up to his facial area which could possibly be a cell phone.”


By Kelly Glista, Hartford Courant

MERIDEN — A fire at Violi’s Italian Restaurant at the Hunter Golf Club early Monday morning may have been caused by an electrical problem in a golf cart parked next to the building, fire officials said.

The two-alarm fire started around 3:04 a.m., according to fire officials. Five engines responded to the blaze at 688 Westfield Road.

Fire officials said the electrical wiring in the golf cart was completely destroyed. Firefighters had to make holes in the roof of the restaurant to vent the smoke from the building.

Check back for updates.

Filed in: News


Suggest a correction

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s



Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,068 other followers