A carbon dioxide leak closed restaurants in a service center on Interstate 95 in Milford Thursday.
A worker at the McDonald’s on site said that their restaurant and others in the facility located on Interstate 95 Northbound near exit 40 and 41 were closed.
At 11:20 a call came in from the I-95 service plaza in Milford complaining of a gas leak. The Milford Fire Department responded. The service plaza was closed for approximately 20 minutes while firefighters shut down the leak. The small leak came from a carbon dioxide tank used to carbonate soft drinks at McDonald’s. Four employees were evaluated for dizziness, but none were treated. The plaza has now reopened.