Get all your Manchester Road Race stories and information here

One person injured in Milford fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Emergency crews in Milford responded to a two-alarm fire in an apartment on 52 Greenview Lane.

One female occupant was injured, and transported from scene to Bridgeport Hospital for smoke inhalation, according to the Milford fire department. Officials said the woman tried to put out the fire which started in the utility room. Animal control has also been called to the scene.

Officials said two of the three cats in the residence were killed.

The Milford Fire Department said the unit suffered significant damage from fire and heat, that extended to a common stairwell. Smoke and carbon monoxide was found in the adjoining units, which was with ventilation fans.

The fire started just before 10:15 a.m. Thursday.

Officials say crews from West Haven were called in to help.

 

Stay with Fox CT as this story develops.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s