Fire started by wood stove embers damages home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
hartford_county

MANCHESTER — A family is displaced after a fire caused severe damage to their home on Friday night.

The fire happened around 8:30 p.m. at a two-story home at 614 Porter Street.

According to fire officials, the homeowner heard a smoke detector sounding off in the basement.  After checking out the home, the homeowner saw flames on the exterior of the east side.

The homeowners, Paul and Dawn Pelletier, and their two children escaped the home and called 9-11.

It took firefighters around 15 minutes to extinguish the flames.

After an investigation, fire officials determined that the fire started after the homeowner removed ashes from a wood stove near the home. The hot embers from those ashes ignited the side of the home.

There were no injuries as a result of this fire.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s