How are you getting to Thanksgiving dinner?
GAITHERSBURG, MARYLAND – Planning on driving to dinner this Thanksgiving? You won’t be alone.
A survey by GasBuddy.com found 92% Americans planning on traveling next week plan to drive. Of 81,000 people who participated, 31% said they will be traveling over 500 miles and another 31% will travel between 200 and 500 miles. Only 6.5% said they will take to the air.
It’s not surprising, but 71% of people say they are planning on spending less for travel.
Some other findings:
- 36% will start off their travel on Thanksgiving Day
- 30% said their travel will start the day before
- 18% said they are leaving 2 to 3 days before
- 25% will return home later on Thanksgiving Day
- 22% will start Friday morning
- 42% said they will leave for home on Saturday or Sunday
- 95% of respondents have a smart phone
- 52% said they’ll use 2 to 3 travel apps for their Thanksgiving travels
- 34% will actively use 4 or more apps.
To search for gas prices in Connecticut, go here.
For Connecticut traffic, go here