Get all your Manchester Road Race stories and information here

Two injured as fire engulfs Monroe home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MONROE — A fire fully engulfed a house on Old Zoar Road in Monroe Tuesday morning.

Fire officials say a neighbor called 9-11 around 1:30 a.m. to report the fire.

Two residents were taken to the hospital  with non-life threatening injuries. Officials said a man suffered burns to his face and a woman was treated for smoke inhalation. Two dogs escaped but a third dog died in the fire.

Officials said the cause seems to be accidental in nature.

Fire crews were able to put out the flames before daybreak.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

  • Katja

    There were only two dogs. Daisy, the little beagle, made it out okay. And the big loveable german shepard, Sable, died from smoke inhalation because she hid somewhere in the house, and the two people would have died if they had tried to go back for her. RIP baby…