Greenwich police say last week’s home invasion was not random

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GREENWICH – Police said the homeowners in last week in a home invasion are not believed to be random targets.

The public information officer said they are making progress on the investigation. The homeowners are cooperating with investigators.

Just after 10 p.m. on December 30, the couple went to bed inside their home on Ridge Street. Police say the husband and wife did not lock their home or active the alarm system.

They soon heard a noise, and were then accosted by three men wearing masks and carrying crowbars who tied them up.

The couple, who lived in the home alone, reported that thousands of dollars in cash and jewelry were stolen. The three suspects were described by the victims as black males, athletically built, in their 20s or 30s, wearing dark clothes and partial masks.

Investigators believe the intruders entered the home through a back door to the residence. Police are not saying if there is surveillance video that will aid in the investigation, but say they have already received several good leads.