Gas leak investigated at Montowese Elementary in North Haven Wednesday morning

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
New_haven_county

NORTH HAVEN – Montowese Elementary School was evacuated Wednesday morning due to a potential gas leak.

Dispatchers said only staff was at the school at the time. Southern Connecticut Gas Company arrived to evaluate.

School started normally for students at 8:30 a.m. The superintendent’s office had no comment on the situation.

The emergency call came in at 8:05 a.m.

The situation is now over.