With more snow coming, towns still clearing from last storm
NEW HAVEN — As we brace for more winter weather some cities’ and towns’ public works departments are still clearing up the existing snow. In New Haven, crews will be hard at work Friday hitting the roads that still haven’t been cleared starting at 7 a.m.
New Haven has implemented emergency parking bans on some residential streets for Friday starting at 6 a.m. going to 3 p.m. Here is a list of those roads:
1. Cassius Street from Howard to Cedar St (both-sides)
2. Carlisle Street from Howard to the Loop (both-sides)
3. Liberty Street from Columbus to Union Ave (both-sides)
4. Portsea Street from Loop to Dewitt St (both-sides)
5. Adeline Street from West to Barclay St (both-sides)
6. Truman Street from West to Barclay St (both-sides)
7. Thorn Street from West to Eddy St (right-side)
8. Eddy Street from Thorn to Hedge St (right-side)
All the snow removal work is making a big dent in many places in the New Haven area too. North Branford, East Haven, Hamden, and West Haven are some that have eaten away at their snow budgets, some only with about 1/3 of it left. Money is spent paying DPW workers, buying salt and sand.