Recipe: Blueberry Bruschetta
WINDSOR LOCKS — Bobby V’s Restaurant & Sports Bar in Windsor Locks, CT announced this week the “1st Annual Knock It Out Of The Park for United Way” Fundraising Event. The United Technologies partnered event will take place on July 13 and is themed around Major League Baseball’s ‘Home Run Derby’.
Jordan Stein, Executive Chef of Bobby V’s Restaurant & Sports Bar stopped by the Fox CT Morning Extra Friday to demonstrate how to make Blueberry Bruschetta and to talk about the event.
Ticket holders to the event will be treated to some of Connecticut’s finest restaurants while enjoying a night of fantastic food sampling, fundraising and cheering on their favorite sluggers. The fundraiser will feature an opportunity to sample plates from Millwrights Restaurant, The Max Restaurant Group, Pond House Restaurant, Zest 280, and Bobby V’s. All net proceeds from the event will benefit the United Way.
“We’re excited to add our expertise to this great event. The United Way is an important charitable organization to UTC and to us here at Bobby V’s. We expect to sell out the event and hopefully hit a home run for the United Way,” said Stein.
- goat cheese
- 24 slices toasted baguette
- fresh local blueberries
- 2 Tbs. toasted garlic
- 1/2 bunch mint
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 red onion small dice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- S&P to taste
- Place 2 TBSP chopped Garlic in ½ C Olive Oil
- Place in small sauté pan on medium heat until golden brown
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel (reserve oil)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the following ingredients to create bruschetta:
- 2 LBS of roughly chopped blueberries
- Half-bunch of finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Full-bunch of finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- One small red onion finely diced
- Juice of one Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 TBSP of reserved garlic oil
- Spread Goat Cheese on toasted baguette slices
- Spoon out bruschetta on top of goat cheese
- Platter, serve and eat it up.
The ‘Knock it Out of the Park’ fundraising event costs $35 (Net proceeds to benefit The United Way). It’s July 13th from 6 – 9 p.m. To purchase tickets call 860-627-5808.