State parks reach capacity during beautiful beach day Sunday
EAST LYME — Rocky Neck State Park in East Lyme is just one of the state parks that reached capacity Sunday, July 12. Sunday was a beautiful beach weather day.
Here are the other parks that have reach capacity and are closed to new visitors at this time:
- Squantz Pond in New Fairfield
- Millers Pond State Park in Durham
- Mount Tom State Park in Litchfield
- Pattaconk Lake Recreation Area in Cockaponset State Forest
- Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middlefield
- Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison
- Bigelow Hollow State Park in Union
All reached capacity, according to the Department of Energy & Environmental Protection.
Rocky Neck, Squantz Pond, and Millers Pond all reached parking capacity on Saturday as well.