A new book by Marci Izard helps readers to become more aware about how food makes them feel. It's not a diet or health book, and it has recipes from salads to desserts.
She will be signing books at Heart of the Country, 169 Main St. Wethersfield on Tuesday, December 22 from 5:30 - 7:30pm.
She shared her recipe for Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Berry Fudge
This dense and intensely sweet recipe is the holiday season in a bite-size bar. The chocolate and peanut butter give it a velvety quality, while the cranberries brighten it up!
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup smooth all-natural peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. water
- Place all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, and then remove and stir. Heat for another 30 seconds, and stir again. Continue 1-2 more times if required to make the mixture smooth.
- Transfer the fudge to an 8x8 baking pan and smooth it out. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Note: You can alternatively prepare the fudge on the stove. Just be sure to stir continuously.