TRUMBULL — Police are still searching for the man accused of abducting his 7-year-old son sparking an Amber Alert and assaulting his estranged wife and stepson.
Rodolfo Revello, 43, contacted police shortly after 5 p.m. Saturday and notified them he was leaving his son, Ariel, with a relative. New York police forces quickly responded to a Queens, New York home, where the boy was found safe and unharmed. His father had already departed from the area and could not be caught in time.
Family members received the happy news Ariel was okay after gathering with the community to light candles and hold prayer vigils. The day had been filled with tension and uncertainty, as community members waited and hoped for the boy’s safe return.
Revello is still missing Sunday. He is believed to have significant ties to the New York area, especially the Bronx and Queens boroughs. Authorities are attempting to track down and arrest him on kidnapping and assault charges.
He may be driving a white 2015 Ford Transit cargo van with combination plate C040379.
An Amber Alert was issued Saturday morning for the boy, who police say was taken by his father after a violent domestic argument. This led to a multi-state manhunt for the child, led by the FBI and NYC Missing Persons Bureau, as well as state police from New York and Connecticut.
Police said the boy was taken by his father after he attacked his estranged wife in a home on Unity Road 4:30 a.m. Police said he broke into the house and attacked her, and at one point got a knife from the kitchen but was disarmed by his stepson. The wife had a restraining order against Revello issued in September.
The wife reportedly escaped through a window and hide outside while Revello ransacked the home. Police say he stole several thousand dollars worth of cash and jewelry before waking his son and taking him from the home. The wife was later treated for her injuries at the hospital.
Public records show Revello has a criminal history in the state of Connecticut. He was found guilty of disorderly conduct in 2007 and 3rd degree assault in 2008. Two months after his assault arrest, he violated conditions of his release and was sentenced to one year in prison.