Matt Harvey on track for Mets opener after medical scare

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL - MARCH 08: Matt Harvey #33 of the New York Mets throws a pitch during the first inning of a spring training game against the Atlanta Braves at Champion Stadium on March 8, 2016 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. (Photo by Stacy Revere/Getty Images)

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. — New York Mets ace Matt Harvey remains on track to start Sunday night’s opener at Kansas City after passing a blood clot in his bladder.

He started to feel discomfort Sunday and said it worsened through the night. Harvey reported the issue to Mets staff on Monday and he was the lone player not to travel to Jupiter, Florida, for an exhibition game against St. Louis.

Harvey, who had a bandage on his right hand and a hospital bracelet on his left wrist, said he will not have to undergo further tests or procedures.

Harvey was 13-8 with a 2.71 ERA in 29 starts last year after missing 2014 while recovering from Tommy John surgery.