Earth Week is a time to think about how we shop and ways your trip to the grocery store can result in improvements to the environment.
Bill Butcher and Jaime Travers from the Whole Foods Market, joined FOX 61 Good Day Connecticut with an assortment of eco-friendly products from the store and some tips to shop green.
Earth Day is 4/22 and here a few easy ways to shop to support a healthy planet earth:
- Use reusable coffee mugs and water bottles (many places offer discount to use!)
- Buy local and/or organic produce
- Use eco-friendly cleaners
- Use products that support pollinators like bees – essential to food production
- Buying grains/rice/beans/granola in bulk
- Use reusable shopping bags
Earth Week Events at Whole Foods Market in Hartford:
Textile Recycling Drive with Epilepsy Foundation of New England: all clothing, bedding, fabrics, any condition.
- 4/20 at West Hartford Center and Thurs. 4/21 at Glastonbury
E-Cycling Drive with Green Monster E-cycling, for electronic and computer waste.
- 4/21 at West Hartford Center and Friday 4/22 at Glastonbury