19 more layoff notices sent to state employees; total of 951 so far
HARTFORD–The state’s Office of Policy and Management has released new information regarding the number of layoff notices that have been sent since layoffs began.
In all, 19 more employees from Executive Branch departments have received notices: 11 from the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services and eight from the Office of Governmental Accountability. Previously, those departments had issued 76 and four layoff notices.
- Department of Children and Families: 127
- Department of Developmental Services: 113
- Department of Economic and Community Development: 4
- Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services: 87
- Department of Corrections: 187
- Department of Social Services: 78
- UConn Health Center: 89
- Military: 1
- Office of the Chief Medical Examiner: 1
- Office of Governmental Accountability: 12
- Department of Education: 13
Gov. Dan Malloy has said that he expects there to be more than 2,000 positions eliminated. Thursday’s notice from the Office of Policy and Management said “there will be additional reduction notices in the future.”
State lawmakers approved a new $19.7 billion budget just last week, which eliminated a $960 million deficit through budget cuts, layoffs and other means.