Branford fire destroys house, family and dogs escape unscathed

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BRANFORD – A fire totaled a Branford home early Saturday morning.

The Branford Fire Department was dispatched just before 2 a.m. to a structure fire on Ark Road in the Tabor area of town.

The fire was well advanced by the time the fire department got there, extending to the attic of the home when the first engine arrived.

The occupants of the house escaped with their three dogs and are now staying at a local hotel.

No injuries were reported.

Branford was assisted on scene by Guilford Fire Department while North Branford provided fire station coverage.

The house is completely uninhabitable.