Call center employees in Bristol treated for exposure to carbon monoxide

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BRISTOL - Police and town officials were dealing with a mass casualty hazmat event in Bristol on Thursday afternoon.

Around noon several employees at a call center appear to have fallen ill after being exposed to what is believed to be carbon monoxide. Between 30 and 40 were taken to the hospital.

The incident occurred at 32 Valley Street in Bristol, according to Mayor Kenneth Cockayne. It is a former industrial building that is being renovated to make room for leasable space and offices, but a small section is occupied by Faneuil Call Center.

Several departments, including police, fire, and EMS, responded to the CO incident. The Burlington Fire Department also responded.