Ski, Sun, and Travel Expo features things to do and see this winter
HARTFORD – The Connecticut Office of Tourism and is responsible for leading the state’s marketing, strategic planning and development efforts to build tourism as a significant economic driver. Working in partnership with Connecticut’s business community and governments, he provides leadership in positioning the state to encourage strategic investment and ensure that Connecticut is a prime destination for leisure and business travelers.
Tourism drives Connecticut’s economy in a number of ways. Tourism is a $14 billion industry in Connecticut, supporting 82,700 direct jobs and there has been a 7 percent increase in lodging tax receipts from 2014 to 2015 and a 4 percent increase in hotel occupancy from 2014 to 2015.
There is a lot to see and do this winter in Connecticut, including:
- New and must-do activities and experiences, like Earth Tower at Mohegan Sun, sleigh rides, eagle watching, and holiday train & trolley rides
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures, like skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and ice skating
- Indoor escapes like ropes courses, museums, and specialty trails
- Special events, like the North Pole Express, the Essex Steam Train, and the Holiday Lighted Boat Parade
CTvisit.com is the online hub for all things winter, including:
- Information on 4,000 tourism attractions, accommodations and restaurants
- Suggested getaway itineraries and travel stories
- A calendar of events that can be filtered by date range, type of event or region and a special “what to do this weekend” feature
- A “While You’re in the Neighborhood” feature which serves up suggestions and directions for other attractions, hotels and restaurants that are close by the destination you’re viewing