HARTFORD - Every October Connecticut families enjoy autumn traditions like visiting a pumpkin patch, finding their way through a corn maze and going on a hayride at Brown’s Harvest in Windsor. Here to tell us more about the farm’s special events is Sue Connor, co-owner of Brown’s Harvest, who will also show us how to carve the perfect pumpkin.
Some things you need to know about the farm:
- The farm is a sixth generation family farm in Windsor.
- They raise a variety of fruits and vegetables throughout the spring and summer.
- Since 1978, Brown’s Harvest has welcomed families and groups from area schools, clubs and businesses to enjoy the seasonal offerings out at the farm.
- On October 28 and 29, they will offer not-so-spooky flashlight tours of the corn maze.
- On October 29 , there will be trick-or-treating in the maze for children in costumes.
- On Friday, November 4, from 5-9 p.m. you can fight Zombies in the Corn!