Several people poisoned by carbon monoxide in Enfield

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ENFIELD–A couple of people were taken to the hospital Thursday night after exposure to carbon monoxide.

Two people were in an Enfield home on South Road when they started showing symptoms of CO poisoning. The victims were taken to the hospital, but the extent of their injuries is not known at this time.

Firefighters who responded to the scene evacuated the house, and then tested the air inside. Elevated levels of carbon monoxide inside were detected, and firefighters determined the levels to be unsafe.

Stay with FOX 61 for updates.