The Archdiocese of Hartford is encouraging a different kind of fasting during the holy season of Lent. It's called "iPhone fast" and it's a campaign to encourage Catholics, especially young Catholics, to silent their cell phones for the day on both, Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
Senior, Ryan Burkhardt of East Catholic High School, said the majority of kids today spend too much time on their phones.
"I truly believe kids now a days are too attached to their phones," said Burkhardt. " It's time to step away from that and really enjoy life and kind of look at it from a different perspective instead of looking at it through a screen."
- East Catholic High School, Manchester
- Holy Cross High School, Waterbury
- Notre Dame High School, West Haven
- Sacred Heart Academy, Hamden
- Sacred Heart High School, Waterbury
- Saint Paul High School, Bristol