Greenwich firefighters free child’s hand from gumball machine

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GREENWICH — A young boy got his hand stuck Saturday when he tried get a gumball from a machine inside a barbershop.

Greenwich firefighters responded to a child with a hand stuck inside a gumball machine. The machine was disassembled and the child was freed without injury after trying to free the boy’s hand by spraying it with oil first.

The boy is around 4 years old and the boy’s finger was unharmed, according to the Greenwich Time.

Firefighters busted the plastic encasing around the gumballs with a pair of pliers and dismantled the feeder with a screwdriver.

Firefighters posed images of the destroyed gumball machine on the department’s Facebook page.

Read more here.