Amazon holding job fair in Meriden Monday
Currently, the positions that are open are part-time and Amazon says will be on-the-spot job offers today.
The hiring event will take place at the American Jobs Center, 87 W Main St, Meriden, beginning at 9 a.m. but you must be registered prior to the event.
You will be asked to complete an online assessment and a pre-employment drug screening. The process is expected to take up to three hours.
Those that pass the assessment will receive an offer contingent upon the drug screening and a background check.
Right now, Amazon is looking for people to work various four-hour shifts for $12.50 an hour.
The company plans to hire 120,000 jobs nationwide for the holidays with 1,500 of those here in Connecticut.
Here is some important job information and requirements:
- –These positions will receive product using powered equipment
- –The warehouse workers will pick, pack and ship orders
- –You must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent
- –You must be willing to work all shifts including weekends
- –You may be required to lift 49 pounds with or without assistance and stand/walk for up to 10 hours
You must be a registered user of CTHires.com or call 203-859-3414 or 203-859-3417 to register.
Another job fairs will be held Oct. 25 at the New Haven American Job Center, 560 Ella T. Grasso Blvd., Building 3,