April 29 – May 7
- The Milford Fire Department will be conducting a “Propane Tank Collection Day” on Saturday, May 12th, 2018 to collect propane cylinders (i.e. from gas grills). The collection is for Milford residents only and proof of residency will be required. There is no cost for this collection.
- The collection will take place at 55 Seemans Ln, Milford, CT. The collection time will be from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. The following shall be adhered to:
• Have proof of residency ready
• Tanks should be transported in an upright position
• Preferable driver only transporting the tank(s)
• Valve must be in the closed position
• We will take full, partially filled, and empty 20lb tanks
• DO NOT vent the tank prior to transporting
• Tanks should be secured in place to prevent accidental tip-over
• Tanks should be transported with the vehicle windows open
• No smoking during the transport of the tank or in the drop off area
For more information, please call the Fire Marshal’s Office at (203) 874-6321 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.,
Monday through Friday.