The official start to hurricane season is less than one week away. Unlike tornadoes, which pull everything up from the ground with little warning, the damage from a hurricane comes from strong winds and water. And while we have seen first-hand how devastating these storms can be, there are things we can do ahead of time to minimize the risks and damage.
Sabine Schoenberg is a property management and home improvement expert, she shares storm preparation tips on the Morning Extra.
Four Storm Preparation Tips:
- Prune your trees for storm preparation.
- Make small improvements to draining and grading.
- Consider a Permanent Generator
- Be prepared for a power outage by working off of ‘cloud technology’ that lets you access your data from a remote location.
Look into money lending options before the storm hits so you are poised to rebuild quickly if need be:
• Secure a home equity loan – interest rates are as low as 3 ½ percent right now
• Extend your credit line on your credit cards – this should be easy if you have good credit.
• If credit is an issue, look into alternative lending sources that loan money within 72 hours with a repayment schedule based on a percentage of sales.
For more information, visit the website: www.sabineshome.com.