Cindy Barbieri is a home chef, food blogger and cookbook author. She joins the Morning Extra to share easy and delicious recipes for the grill.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut lengthwise into ½-inch strips
1 small white onion, thinly sliced
1 8 oz container sliced white mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14.5) can imported Italian tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon sea salt plus more for steak
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper pus more for steak
2 (1-pound) rib-eye steaks on the bone, about 1-inch thick
- Preheat an outdoor grill for direct cooking over high heat one one side and medium on the other.
- Season the both sides of steaks with the salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature while heating the grill.
- In a large Saute pan over the grill on the medium heat side add the oil. Once hot add in bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Let cook for 5 minutes. Add in garlic and wine to deglaze the pan.
- Stir with a wooden spoon then add in can of tomatoes and their juices. Add in oregano, parlsey, basil and red pepper flakes. Lower the temperature and cover.
- Take steaks and place on the heated grill. Cook for 3 minutes then flip for another 3 minutes. Only touch to flip!
- Take grilled steaks and place in pan with sauce and cover the steak the sauce. Cover and remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice steak and serve with sauce over. Enjoy
Grilled Buttermilk Pound Cake with Balsamic Strawberries
Try Buttermilk Pound Cake with Balsamic Strawberries for your next BBQ. After you bake the pound cake just cool then wrap and freeze for 30 minutes, slice, grill and enjoy.
This recipe fits a 10 inch bundt pan or you can use a standard loaf pan but there will be extra for a mini-loaf as well.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour bundt pan very well.
- In a large bowl or using your Kitchen Aid , cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well individually. 1 cup at a time add in flour then baking soda. Pour buttermilk and add in vanilla then orange zest.
- Pour into your prepare pan for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes then remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
When ready to serve preheat grill to a medium/high temperature. Slice pound cake and butter both sides. Add to grill for 2 minutes on each side. (You want the nice grill marks). Serve with Balsamic Strawberries!
Making Pound Cake
Use Moon Rabbit Pie Dough MixSubstitute Milk and Use 1/2 cup Buttermilk
Add 6 ounces sour cream
Follow baking instructions on Package
Let cool, remove from baking dish, Cool completely and freeze for 30 minutes before slicing and grilling.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 (16-oz.) package fresh strawberries, quartered or sliced
- In a small sauce pan add balsamic and brown sugar then turn on heat to a medium/low.
- Whisk at first until the sugar dissolves then stir for 1 minute add in pepper. Remove from heat and cool for completely; about 20-25 minutes. Note: You can make this in advance and refrigerate for 1 day before using.
- 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving add strawberries to the balsamic in a bowl. This can stay at room temperature.
- Serve over grilled buttermilk pound cake.
For more information, visit the website: www.cindystable.com.