July is one of the hottest month’s of the year to find deals on everything from patio furniture to tickets on Broadway. Money saving expert, Judy Pezza, joined the Fox CT Morning Extra to share some tips that will help you save money all month long.
Valid for Connecticut Light and Power (CL&P) and UI (United Illuminating) customers:
1. For customers that install qualifying ducted split or package type air conditioning between 1/1/2013 and 12/31/2013, may qualify for a Connecticut Housing Investment and Finance (CHIF) low interest energy loan.
You may qualify for one or both of these rebates:
1. Energy Star Heating and Cooling System Rebate Incentive per unit installed is $250.00
2. Residential quality installation and verification program through this program you can get a $500 rebate per ducted system on a successful quality installation and verification
To be eligible you will need to:
• Choose your contractor from this approved list of contractors. Use the “Bid Comparison Checklist” to make the choice easier.
• Complete the Residential Quality Installation and Verification Rebate form
You must choose an Energy Star Central Air Conditioning system to be eligible for the rebate. You can get the rebate and the residential quality rebate for a total of $750.00.
On sale this month:
• Patio furniture – currently 40% off at Target:
• Broadway show tickets
• Ice cream – July is National Ice Cream Month
• Christmas in July sales
• Summer clothing sales
• Back to school sales
• Swimsuits on clearance
• Gardening supplies
• Party supplies
Military Disney Discount:
At Walt Disney World in Orlando, members of the military can get 40% off of the Deluxe Resorts, 35% off the Moderate Resorts and Fort Wilderness Cabins, and 30% off of the Value Resorts.
At Disneyland in Anaheim, members of the military can get up to 40% off of their room rates.
To make reservations, call the central reservation phone number and ask for The Armed Forces Salute Room Only Discount.
Disney World 1-407-934-7639
Disneyland is 1-714-781-4565
You can get free or discounted attraction passes as long as you have a current library card. If you have a question on the availability of specific passes, call the CT Library Consortium at (860) 344-8777.
Volunteer at the Mohegan Sun Ahmad Rashad Celebrity Golf Classic on July 28. You will receive a free ticket to the Beach Boys Concert for participating. The concert takes place on July 28 at Mohegan Sun.
For more ideas, follow Pezza on Twitter: @tlcscouponator