Murder Charges Dropped In Death Of Witness

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Asher Glacé at her 21st birthday celebration. She was found dead from gunshot wounds in her vehicle at home on Cornwall Street in Hartford on June 17, 2007.

HARTFORD — A prosecutor Thursday reluctantly dropped the charges against two brothers accused of orchestrating the execution of a murder witness.

David Zagaja said the state lacks enough evidence to take the murder cases of Anthony Thompson and Earl Thompson to trial.

“At this point, I don’t feel like justice is served,” said Karen Glace, Asher Glace’s older sister.

Asher Glacé was fatally shot in her car in her Hartford driveway in 2007, after she made a statement to police about a 2005 murder she witnessed.

Glacé was found dead in her parked car in her family’s driveway two months before Anthony Thompson was scheduled to stand trial for a Cleveland Cafe shooting. Anthony and Earl Thompson were charged in her death.

Although the charges stemming from Glacé’s murder are dropped, the brothers will serve lengthy prison sentences for other cases.

Anthony Thompson was convicted of murder in the Cleveland Cafe shooting after Glacé’s death. He was sentenced to 70 years in prison in that case in September 2008.

Zagaja said Anthony Thompson won’t get out of prison for the 2005 murder until he’s 95.

Earl Thompson won’t get out of prison, where he went for a home invasion, until he’s 75, he said, “hopefully, causing him to die in jail.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s