Vivo Restaurant is one of the many restaurants participating in Taste of Hartford. Chef William Reardon joins the Fox CT Morning Extra to talk about the event going on in downtown Hartford and shares a recipe for Roasted Tomatillo Tequila Gazpacho.
For more information on the Taste of Hartford, visit the website: www.TasteHartford.com
Follow instructions for the recipe below:
Roasted Tomatillo Tequila Gazpacho
Ingredients (Serves 4)
Tomatillo 6 ea
Jalapeno 1 ea, cut in half and seeds removed
Red onion 4 oz, chopped
Cucumber 4 oz, chopped
Bell pepper 4 oz, chopped
Garlic 1 tsp, minced
Cilantro, ¼ cup, chopped
Lime juice fresh squeezed from 1 lime
Vegetable juice 12 oz
Tequila 2 oz
Salt & pepper (as needed)
Crème fraiche for garnish
Cilantro for garnish
- Remove husk from tomatillos and cut in half.
- Toss tomatillos and jalapeno in olive oil and roast in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate and allow to cool.
- Using a high speed blender or a food processor, add roasted tomatillos and jalapeno with remaining ingredients. Puree to smooth. If a thinner consistency is desired, add 2 more ounces of vegetable juice.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro and crème fraiche when available. If crème fraiche is unavailable, mix sour cream with a small amount of lemon juice for acidity.