What’s on your Spring #CTBucketList?

Four Dead After Apparent Triple Murder-Suicide In Manchester

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The scene of a murder-suicide in Manchester late Saturday. (FOX CT)

MANCHESTER — Three women were killed and a man shot himself in an apparent triple murder-suicide at the Dye House Apartments on Pine Street late Saturday, police said.

Officers received reports of multiple gunshots in the area of 190 Pine St. about 9:40 p.m. Police arrived within minutes and confronted a man in the parking lot of the apartment building who was carrying a 13-month-old child, Capt. Christopher Davis said in a statement.

After a short confrontation with police, the man put the child on the ground and shot himself with a handgun. The toddler was unharmed. A police officer had fired a shot at the man but missed, police said.

Davis said police searched the complex and found three women dead from apparent gunshot wounds. Their identities have not been released. Autopsies will be performed to determine the exact cause of death.

Police responding to the apartment had to force entry, according to one officer, who spoke on the condition that he not be named.

Police encountered a horrific scene — three women in the living room, all lying on the floor, each with severe head trauma and apparently dead, the officer said.

The women were in separate areas of the living room. They were all clothed. The apartment appeared to be neat and clean, the officer said.

Officers responded to the call as an active shooter incident and made sure no one else was in the apartment. Detectives were then called in to process the crime scene.

Sharell Foster, who lives on the third floor of the apartment complex, said she knew one of the women from school and that the woman had lived at Dye House Apartments for about a year.

Foster said her daughter heard shots and Foster had seen the body of the man lying between cars in the parking lot after the police arrived.

Foster said the man didn’t live in the building.

Harold Arna, who was visiting his girlfriend who lived next door to the woman, said he had just sat down to watch TV when he heard women screaming.

“I heard women yelling — I didn’t hear a guy yelling — then I heard a pop, pop, pop,” Arna said.

After hearing the shots, Arna said, he ran to his girlfriend who was doing laundry and told her to get down.

He said he and his girlfriend didn’t know the woman.

Arna said his girlfriend immediately called the police.

“While my girlfriend was on the phone with the police, we still heard a woman screaming and more shots, then nothing,” he said.

One of the shots nearly entered through their kitchen, and was lodged in the wall, he said.

Kelly Dimock was watching TV in her apartment in the Dye House Apartments when she heard gunshots outside Saturday night. Dimock said she went to a window and saw a man on the ground in the parking lot.

Police were approaching the man lying flat on the ground with their guns drawn, Dimock said.

Manchester police, state police and the state’s attorney’s office are investigating.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.