Fitness expert and personal trainer Tom Holland shows FOX CT’s Logan Byrnes some exercises to help combat those extra calories you eat around the holidays.
Holland suggests a circuit of the following exercises:
5. Mountain climbers
7. Running in place
8. Squat jumps
And here are some more general tips about working out around the holidays.
1. You don’t need to work out for an hour.
2. Studies show short, vigorous exercise can decrease appetite.
3. Circuit-style workouts are some of the most effective.
4. Do simple body-weight exercises along with cardio intervals.
5. Do compound exercises to maximize results.
6. Exercise by time instead of repetitions.
7. Add in a few pairs of dumbbells for variation.
For more information, visit www.TeamHolland.com.