Gas Fumes Spark Evacuation In Shelton

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SHELTON — A building was evacuated Thursday morning after it filled with gas fumes from a restaurant stove that had been left on all night, a public safety official said.

No one was injured during the incident, which was reported about 8:50 a.m., said Michael Maglione, director of public safety.

The building at 500 Howe Ave. was re-opened shortly before 10 a.m., he said. Six people were forced to leave the building, which includes apartments, he said.

The odor of gas emanated from Amicis Restaurant on the first floor, he said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s