Book-a-Cook is a Connecticut company founded by Ashley Hart and Amy Strife. The pair will cook any meal or dish to order and come to your home or business to help you present it.
The pair visited the FOX CT kitchen Tuesday morning to prepare cod with tomato and herb in parchment. The recipe is below.
Cod with tomato and herb in parchment
- 4 6-ounce cod filets (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red teardrop tomatoes, havled lengthwise
- 1 cup yellow teardrop tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons white wine
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- To prepare the parchment packages, take four sheets of parchment (about 16×24 inches each) and fold each in half crosswise. Draw a large half heart on each, like you would if you were making a valentine. Cut out the heart and open. Place one filet on one half of each piece of parchment.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a medium pan. Add sliced garlic and sauté until lightly brown. Add onions, tomatoes, thyme and oregano. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Spoon the tomato and onion mixture over each piece of fish evenly. Then drizzle 1 teaspoon of white wine and 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil over each. Season with fresh cracked black pepper.
- To enclose the fish, start by folding the parchment over the fish and tomato mixture. Make sure the ends meet and begin folding the sides together to seal. Make sure there are no gaps otherwise the fish will not steam properly.
- Place packages on a baking sheet and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the fish is cooked and the packages have puffed up.
- Cut open and serve immediately.