Diana Lovett, co-founder and master baker at the Cisse Trading Company, visited the FOX CT kitchen to prepare a unique topping for an ice cream or a cake. See the recipe below.
Caramel Whiskey Sauce
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons whiskey
Pinch of salt
1. In a heavy, dry saucepan, cook sugar over medium heat swirling gently until it begins to melt.
2. Continue to cook without stirring until deep golden brown.
3. Remove pan from heat and carefully pour heavy cream, stirring constantly. The mixture will bubble and steam vigorously.
4. Return to low heat and simmer until the caramel is dissolved. Add butter and cook, stirring until it is incorporated.
5. Remove from heat and stir in whiskey and a pinch of salt.
6. Drizzle warm over Cissé Trading Co. Brownies and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.