Korky Vann, the Hartford Courant’s “savvy shopper,” talks about how you can save when sprucing up this spring.
- Get free inspiration. Lowes offers a several free publications that can give you design ideas. Pinterest is a great source of inspiration as well
- Wash the windows. Cleaning the windows is cheap, and can make an entire room seem cleaner.
- Team up with a friend. Carpets can take a beating during the winter, and you can help defray the costs of carpet cleaner rentals by splitting the expense with a friend.
- Spruce up furnishings. Slip covers and throw pillows can make a world of difference on an otherwise shabby sofa. Surefit.com offers affordable slip covers and throw pillows can be found for cheap at Ikea and Christmas Tree Shops.
- Bring in some green. Plants and flowers are the perfect way to inject some spring.
- A swap party can be a great way to get rid of some unwanted or unnecessary items while picking up some new additions for free.
For more tips on saving money, visit www.courant.com/savvyshopper