Final Labor Day Weekend Traffic Statistics
Here are the final numbers on how many tickets were issued this holiday weekend for DUI, speeding, seat belts, cell phones and other dangerous driving, as well as statistics on the number of accidents, injuries and fatalities. The official holiday weekend kicked off at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 29. and ended Monday, Sept. 1 at 11:59 p.m.
In 2013 the number of tickets issued were: 1513 speeding, 231 for seat belt violations, 3513 for other traffic violations and 50 DUIs. There were also 259 accidents, 44 of which resulted in an injury, and three of which resulted killed someone.
- Speeding tickets: 1727
- Seat belt violations: 200
- Hazardous moving violations, including use of cellphones: 3720
- Driving under the influence: 35
- Accidents: 315
- Accidents with an injury: 33
- Fatalities from accidents: 1 (Chaplin)