Anne Worcester, Chief Marketing Officer Market New Haven
NEW HAVEN RESTAURANT WEEK presented by Liberty Bank runs from November 2 – 7. Thirty five of the city’s most well-known restaurants will offer a special. The three-course, prix fixe menu for both lunch and dinner includes an appetizer, entrée and dessert. Lunch is offered at $18 per person and dinner at $32 per person. Prices do not include beverages, tax or gratuity (some restrictions may apply). In addition to the special prix fixe menus, regular dining menus will be offered as well. Guests are strongly recommended to make reservations in advance.
Park New Haven will offer $4 parking in its Crown Street and Temple Street garages from 4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. during the full duration of New Haven Restaurant Week to serve as an added bonus for culinary connoisseurs.
This year, there will be six additional restaurants participating in NEW HAVEN RESTAURANT WEEK, including: Caffe Bravo, Lucky Chao, Olea, Stone Hearth, Tarry Lodge and Taste of China. Twenty five of the 35 participating restaurants are offering lunch in addition to dinner.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
1lb butternut squash ( peeled)
12oz Spanish onions
10 oz carrots
1 bay leaf
6 cloves garlic
8 oz white wine
- 1- Dice the onions,carrots, leek and potatoes.
- 2- Poach the onion, carrots, leek, garlic and bay leaf for about 3 minutes.
- 3- Add white wine, potato and butternut squash.
- 4- Cook out the wine for about 3 minutes, then cover the vegetables with water and simmer for 40 minutes.
- 5- Remove bay leaf and blend mixture together until you see a smooth consistency.
Taste for salt.